Unfortunately I am one of those people that live in a beautiful spot by the lake in Toronto. Why is this unfortunate you ask? There are no Starbucks within walking distance of my home. So what is a girl to do when she’s craving a tasty beverage, but doesn’t want to leave home? Create! An added bonus, this is also healthier than the frappiccinos you will find in the beloved coffee shop.
Here’s my take on a java-chip frappiccino. I am very picky when it comes to my coffee beverages, and I’d say this is one of the yummiest I’ve had yet!
But you can judge for yourself…
- 100-200ml chocolate almond milk (Almond Joy is the most common brand available in most grocery stores) (100ml for a smaller beverage, 200ml for a larger beverage)
- 50-100ml white milk (1%, nonfat) (50ml for a smaller beverage, 100ml for a larger beverage)
- 2 tsp instant espresso powder (or 1 1/2 tsp for a smaller beverage/weaker coffee)
- 1 tsp (or to taste) sugar
- 2-3 tsp vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1-2 tsp chocolate chips
- 100ml crushed ice
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until it has that soft slushy look, pour into a glass, and enjoy!