I’ve probably only had basil pesto once in my life before, and it was pretty good. Not something I would want to eat every day, but a nice creamy sauce for pasta and chicken. I’ve made creamy pasta sauces before, so I thought I’d test out a pesto sauce with some of the items that I had on hand at home. I was pleasantly surprised with how this turned out, and I’m guessing that my husband loved it too, considering he ate the second half of my meal after finishing his own. 😉 Here’s my version of a light basil pesto! 🙂
This recipe makes enough sauce for 2 people.
QUICK AND EASY BASIL PESTO
- 4-5 tsp ground basil (fresh or dried works)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-5 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tsp fat free cream cheese
- 4-5 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Dash salt and pepper
- Combine ground basil, minced garlic, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl and stir well.
- Cook your chicken and pasta as you normally would, and serve in a bowl.
- Put desired amount of sauce onto chicken and pasta, and toss until the pasta and chicken are coated.
- Eat and enjoy! 🙂
- note: for a less intense, creamier sauce, add an extra tsp of the cream cheese and/or 1 tsp of fat free margarine.