Homemade “Skor” Bars

79% of statistics are made up on the spot. That being said, 94% of all emails that get delivered to your inbox will be of no use to you. The other 6%, however, may have something of value.

I receive a lot of random emails through out the day that include forwards, chain letters, advertisements for random “male enhancement drugs” (but I’m a woman!), and personal emails. Sometimes, one email comes along that touches the soul and begs to be kept and shared with the world.

You may ask why I’m writing about email in my food blog. The answer is simple. I received something that could quite possibly be one of the best simple “sweets” recipes that I have ever had the pleasure of making and eating, via (you guessed it) email.

This recipe was a quick seller at a recent bake sale my friend and I held as a way to raise funds for breast cancer research. Now I will share with you all the joy of the Homemade Skor Bar! And what a tasty, tasty joy…

HOMEMADE “SKOR” BARS

Ingredients:

  • 35 (unsalted tops) soda crackers
  • 1 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 6 oz semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup butter or margarine

Method:

  • Grease 15x10x1 inch jelly roll pan. Line the bottom of pan with soda Crackers.
  • Combine butter and brown sugar in a heavy saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
  • Continue cooking 3 more minutes, stirring constantly! Pour mixture evenly over crackers.
  • Bake in 375F oven for 15 minutes.
  • Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate over crackers. While still warm, cut between crackers making 35 squares.
  • Chill till set!
  • Makes 35 pieces.
A Tray of Homemade "Skor" Bars, chilling in the fridge

A Tray of Homemade "Skor" Bars, chilling in the fridge

Advertisements

2 comments on “Homemade “Skor” Bars

    • They are tasty! 🙂
      Easily one of my favourite recipes that’s been sent in one of those massive forwarded emails 😉

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s