I’m a fan of chili, but haven’t had the stuff in years. Someone at the office I work in brought in her lunch last week, and it smelled like chili. Since then, I couldn’t stop thinking about how much I wanted some. I don’t really like eating ground beef, so I wanted to try something out with some extra lean ground chicken instead. (Much healthier!) I couldn’t find any recipes that worked for me, so I took what I had sitting around in the fridge and cupboards, and tossed together something that I am very happy with! 🙂
NIKKI’S CHICKEN CHILI
- 450 g extra lean ground chicken, browned with a dash of cayenne pepper and onion powder
- 1 can, drained, Unico marinated bean salad
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper finely sliced&diced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp roasted red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp cellery salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups garlic-onion tomato sauce
- 2 4.5g pakets oxo chicken bouillon
- Brown chicken in pan, sprinkled lightly with onion powder and cayenne pepper while cooking.
- In pot combine all ingredients, and simmer for about 45 minutes to an hour on low heat, stirring every 10-15 minutes. The chili may seem chunky and not “saucy” enough at first, but after it’s finished cooking it will be the perfect consistency! 🙂 Enjoy!
- NOTE: this recipe may be a bit too spicy for some, so you can decrease the amount of cayenne pepper, use half of a jalapeño pepper or omit it all together, and decrease the amount of red pepper flakes to 1/2 tsp.