Chocolate cravings are a frequent thing with me, so I always make sure to keep items on hand that will allow me to quickly whip up something tasty. One of my husband’s favourite combinations for sweets is peanut butter and chocolate, and I have to say that it is also one of mine. In keeping with the method of making filled chocolates at home that I posted in my buttercream filled chocolates recipe, I decided to make some peanut butter filled chocolates so that both Joe and myself could indulge. It’s so simple to get that sweet peanutbuttery flavour, so I’ll share the recipe I use to make these yummy little things! This recipe makes enough filling for about 12-16 small to medium-sized chocolates.
Note: To avoid repeating the instructions on how to prepare a chocolate mold (they’re a bit long), please view the instructions in my recipe for Buttercream Filled Chocolates. I’ve also used this filling recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Tarts, which is a tasty variation on a peanut butter cup crossed with a tart or a pie.
Peanut Butter Filled Chocolates
- 1 cup Belgian milk chocolate molding wafers, divided into 2 bowls: 3/4 cup in one bowl and 1/4 cup in another bowl (You can use dark chocolate if you like, but milk tastes best in this recipe!)
- Molding tray
- 3 tbsp 100% natural peanut butter (or any type of peanut butter you like!)
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- Prepare the chocolate mold with the first layer of chocolate as seen in my recipe for the Buttercream Filled Chocolates.
- For the filling, mix the peanut butter, icing sugar, and brown sugar in a bowl. Stir until the mixture forms a dough-like consistency. This filling is obviously to taste, so if you want a more “peanutty” flavour, use less sugar.
- When the first layer of chocolate is chilled and the mold is ready to be filled, pull off small pieces of the peanut butter mixture and pat down into each cup.
- Chill the mold for about 5 minutes.
- To seal the chocolates, and for instructions on how to remove the chocolates from the mold, follow the same instructions as in the recipe for Buttercream Filled Chocolates.