Strawberries are amazing on their own, but are also a great addition to any light dessert. They pair especially well with freshly whipped cream! I made these strawberry fools as a breakfast dessert for Joe and myself, and they turned out divine. As soon as he finished inhaling his, he reached over for mine. (I’m finally starting to get used to that!) When making desserts with freshly whipped cream, be sure to use a whipping cream that is at least 35% m.f. Any cream that is below 30% m.f. won’t whip properly. Here’s my recipe for a strawberry fool, enjoy! 🙂
This recipe serves 2.
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup strawberries (fresh, or thawed from frozen)
- 1-2 tsp white granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, using either a hand-held electric mixer or a balloon whisk, whip the cream until peaks form. (A balloon whisk will take twice the time, but give the same results.)
- Set whipped cream aside.
- In another bowl, mash the strawberries. If there is too much liquid, drain a little bit of it.
- Add the sugar and vanilla to the whipped cream, and whisk lightly only until incorporated. (If you over whisk the cream, it will be ruined and unable to be fixed.)
- Add 3/4 of the mashed strawberries to the cream, and whisk lightly only until incorporated.
- In dessert bowls/parfait cups/wine or martini glasses, divide the remaining mashed strawberries between the bottoms of each cup.
- Divide the strawberry and whipped cream mixture between each cup.
- Optional: garnish with a few slices of fresh strawberries.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour prior to serving.