This creamy little caffeinated gem comes straight out of the Chocolate and Coffee Bible. (One of my favourite books for desserts and coffee!) It has simple ingredients, but the finished product easily tastes like something that you should be purchasing in a cafe for $6+. (Please excuse the poor quality photo, I was eager to drink my coffee… 😉 )
This recipe serves 1. Adjust accordingly.
- About 1 tbsp chocolate syrup (2 tbsp cocoa powder, 1/2 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp milk)
- Just under 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Light sprinkle grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup strong coffee
- Garnish: freshly whipped cream (you can use the stuff out of the can if you like, but I prefer to whip my own), grated chocolate (white, milk or dark), and a dash of ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, whisk together all ingredients (except the coffee and garnish) until very frothy.
- Add the hot coffee to the mixture, and whisk until blended.
- Pour into your mug, and add the whipped cream with chocolate shavings and cinnamon.
- Enjoy! 🙂