I can’t believe how tasty these muffins are! They aren’t too sweet, and they’ve got the perfect blend of banana, maple and peanut butter. 🙂 The husband and I both enjoyed these! There’s not much more to say about them, so here’s the recipe! This recipe makes 6 muffins. Enjoy! 🙂
Peanut Butter & Banana Maple Bran Muffins
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 wheat bran
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and mashed
- 1 egg
- seeds scraped from 1/2 of a vanilla bean pod (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter maple syrup (1/4 cup each of peanut butter and maple syrup, mixed until combined. Great over pancakes! 😉 )
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Pre heat your oven to 375 F, and line a muffin tin with 6 paper muffin cups. (I used large-sized ones.)
- Mix all wet ingredients, plus the sugar, in a bowl.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and mix together just until combined.
- Spoon batter into the lined muffin cups, and bake for about 15 minutes. (Check the muffins at 10 minutes with a tooth pick poked into the middle of the muffin. If there’s any wet batter on the tooth pick, cook the muffins a bit longer. All ovens are different, so use your judgement here!)
- Optional: sprinkle some cinnamon sugar (equal parts white sugar and ground cinnamon) on top of each muffin, along with some crushed walnut chunks.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for a couple of minutes before removing them from the tin.