Last winter, I posted a peppermint mocha recipe. In it, I used the Starbucks syrup, and it turned out pretty darn good! This year, I’ve decided to make one that didn’t use the syrup, and came up with this one! It can be made iced, or hot. This recipe calls for crushed candy canes, so you can either buy a box of candy canes, OR you can get the crushed candy cane powder at a bulk store near you.
This recipe makes 2 drinks. Enjoy! 🙂
Peppermint Mocha 2
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 3 tsp instant espresso powder
- 3 tbsp finely crushed candy canes
- 1 tbsp coffee whitener (Coffee-Mate Double Double is pretty tasty!)
Method (hot version) :
- Mix all ingredients together in a jar.
- Boil some water.
- Place about 2 heaping table spoons of the mixture into each mug.
- Pour 3/4 cup of boiling water into each mug, and stir.
- Add about 2 tbsp milk/almond milk/soy milk to the mug, and stir again.
- If you like, top with whipped cream and crushed candy cane.
If making the cold version (1 serving) :
- Place about 1 cup of ice in a blender. Pulse until crushed.
- Add 2 heaping table spoons of the mixture into the blender, and 3/4 cup of milk/almond milk/soy milk.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass, and top the same way you would the hot version.