I really love pasta, but not the white stuff. When I crave my carbs, it’s whole wheat all the way! This pasta salad is light, healthy (FILLED with veggies), and filling! I was surprised how quickly the husband ate his, and you know it’s good when someone is trying to describe how much they like it but can’t stop eating it long enough to get a word out.
It’s really simple to make, and this recipe will give you 2 large dinner-sized portions, or 3 smaller portions (lunch, or side-dish).
Tasty Cold Pasta Salad
- 1 cup whole wheat pasta (cooked, drained, and rinsed briefly in cold water. Don’t worry, rinsing off the starchy water won’t have an impact on the dressing of this salad sticking! 🙂 )
- 4 green onion stalks (green and white parts), chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped (I used 1 orange and 1 yellow, I love the colours 🙂 )
- 1 large cucumber, chopped (I peel the cucumber, but you can leave the skin on. Make the pieces somewhat big, like cutting it into thick slices and cutting each slice into quarters)
- About 1 cup roughly chopped parsley (leaves only, no stems!)
- A few sun-dried tomatoes finely diced
- About 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- About 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of sea salt (fine, freshly ground, whatever you like) and black pepper (seasoned to taste of course)
- About 2 tbsp Clubhouse Parmesan & Herbs seasoning (zero calories, fat, carbs, and sugar!)
- Optional: a few tomatoes, chopped into thick chunks (I didn’t want any tomatoes, but put in 3 tomatoes for the husband’s serving as he loves them)
- This is a tough one, I hope you’re ready… Take all ingredients, and toss together in a large bowl.
- Pick up a fork, and dig in! 🙂
The above photo was edited by the Instagram app for the iPhone. I love it! 🙂