Mmm biscotti… So good… So perfect with a cup of tea… I have a few biscotti recipes that I really enjoy, and this is another one to add to that list! 🙂 These are also pretty healthy, containing no butter, no egg yolks, and no white sugar/flour.
Whole Wheat Lemon Almond Biscotti
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 50 ml ground almonds
- 50 ml organic cane sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup almonds, skin on, roughly chopped
- 4 egg whites
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pre heat oven to 300 F (or 285 F – 290 F if using a convection oven), and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients together.
- Add all wet to dry.
- Mix together just until a dough forms.
- Pat into an oval/log shape, about 3/4 of an inch thick.
- Bake for about 35 minutes (check at 30 minutes that it’s not burnt, as all ovens are different).
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut the log diagonally into sticks, about 3/4 of an inch wide.
- Flip the sticks over onto their sides (cut sides are facing down and up now), and bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip the sticks again, and bake for another 10 minutes until the biscotti are dried out.
- Allow to cool, and enjoy! 🙂