I really like granola bars because they’re a quick snack that you can have on the go. As much as I enjoy those chocolate dipped peanut butter granola bars, they’re really not that healthy. I’ve made granola bars before, but there’s just something about these ones that stand out above the rest. This recipe makes anywhere from 6-9 granola bars/cookies depending on how big you make them. Enjoy! 🙂
Easy Cocoa Protein Granola Bars
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup protein powder (I used Bodylogix Vanilla Protein Powder)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (or any nut butter of your choice)
- 3 tbsp vanilla almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- about 1/4 cup of your favourite dark chocolate (try to keep it above 70%)
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper, or a non-stick baking mat. Set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl, and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix all wet ingredients, and microwave for about 25 seconds.
- Stir all wet ingredients together until incorporated. The peanut butter and almond milk may separate a little bit, but that’s okay! If everything isn’t completely melted and in liquid form, just microwave it for a few more seconds.
- Add all dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients, and stir until a dough forms.
- Form a small handful of dough (about 1/3 of a cup) into either a bar or a cookie shape, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat this with all of the dough until you have used it all.
- Place baking sheet in the fridge for about 20 minutes to allow the bars to firm up, and then they’re ready to eat!
- Bars can be kept in the fridge for up to a week in an air tight container, however the quantities of this recipe are small enough where the bars can easily be finished within a couple of days! 😉