Here’s a quick and simple sweet fix for people seeking out some energy and protein before or after their workout session! As I was making them, I couldn’t help but eat a few because they were so tasty! I’ve used peanut butter this time around, but have made them in the past with almond butter, sunflower seed butter (not my favourite…), and a mixture of walnut and peanut butter. These are calorie dense because of the peanut butter, though you probably won’t be too hungry after eating a batch of these. Here’s the recipe, enjoy! 🙂
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Protein Balls
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp carob chips
- 3 tbsp natural peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 2 tbsp honey
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl with your hands, and roll the dough out into little balls.
- Place in a plastic baggie, and pop them in the fridge.
- Let them harden for at least an hour. You can eat them right away if you like, but they taste better after being in the fridge for a bit.