This is probably one of the most simple things that I have thrown together, and surprisingly enough, one of the yummiest! 🙂 The best part is the sauce made for this, which I will also give you all the recipe for! 😉 This serves one, however you can save all of the extra sauce and make more!
Vegan Tortilla Pizza
- 1 whole wheat tortilla wrap
- About 3 tbsp sauce (recipe below)
- 1/4 cup Daiya Vegan Cheese (this is easily my favourite non-dairy, non-soy “cheese”! You would not be able to tell that it’s not real cheese, and I’m really picky when it comes to cheese…)
- Basil for garnish, because it looks pretty. 😉
- Set oven to broil at about 425 F.
- Spread the sauce over the tortilla, leaving about 1cm around the edges.
- Sprinkle the “cheese” over the saucy tortilla.
- Pop it in the oven, and let it sit in there until the “cheese” is melted, and the edges of the tortilla are starting to brown.
- Serve with some basil sprinkled on top, and enjoy! 🙂
- 1 pint cherry/grape tomatoes
- 1 bunch of basil
- 1/4 cup walnuts (I know, it seems weird! It tastes great though…)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Place all ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth! Simple as that. Store it in the fridge for 5 days at the most.
Now here’s some pictures, because I’m one of those people who likes to take pictures of their food. 🙂