With my love of chocolate, and wanting something berry flavoured (and not artificial!), I decided to make a strawberry filling for some chocolates I was planning on making for an event this upcoming weekend. This combination turned out WAY better than I thought it would, and I’m so thankful that it worked on the first try, because this is now my go-to strawberry filling recipe! For the chocolates, follow the chocolate mold instructions from my older post.
Strawberry Filling for Strawberry Cream Chocolates
Enough for 24 candies.
- 4 frozen strawberries
- 1/5 cup marshmallows
- 1/4 cup white chocolate molding wafers
- 3/4 cup icing sugar (add more if cream is too thin after refrigeration)
- Place strawberries in a microwave safe bowl,and microwave until strawberries are soft.
- Immediately add the marshmallows and white chocolate molding wafers, and microwave for about 30 seconds more until the strawberries are soft enough to mash, and the chocolate and marshmallows are starting to melt.
- Remove from the microwave, and stir the mixture until it is evenly blended. If you need to melt the marshmallows, microwave again at 10 second intervals (stirring between each interval) until all is melted.
- Add in the icing sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, and stir until combined.
- Allow to cool in the fridge for 20-30 minutes before using with the chocolate mold.